Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Motivation…

Where does your motivation come from??

What gets you out of the bed at 5 a.m. to go for a run??

Why are you on this journey??

What makes you say no to cake and yes to carrots??

I guess it is different for everyone.  I’m sure lots of folks would say they are doing it for their kids or just to be a healthier person.  I’m doing it for me.  So sorry if that sounds selfish, BUT it’s true.  I’m tired of being trapped in a body that I don’t feel matches the real me.  I’m going to fight this fight day after day until I become the woman that I see myself to be.  I deserve better.  No, I deserve the best.  And, along the way my family will benefit as well, and that is fabulous (‘cause I’m rather fond of them!!).  But I’m in this for me!!  I think I have to be in this for me.  If I were “in this for my kids,” then I think I would end up resenting them along the way.  The only one who needs to be resented is ME.  I did this, now it’s my time to FIX IT!!

HOOAH!!!  (sorry, I’m an Army wife, and sometimes I just can’t help it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment