Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Birthday Week(s)…

The past this week (and the previous one) has held 4 birthdays in my immediate family.  Guess how this translated the the old  healthy eating plan…EPIC FAIL!!!!!  It’s not that I’ve gorged myself on cake and ice cream (I actually don’t care for cake.), it’s just the busy pace has gotten in my way.  This is the first year that I’ve had separate parties for the boys, and they were both rained out thus forcing last minute alternate plans.  Alternate plans=stress.  Stress=food.  Food=whatever is in my reach.

UGH!

I actually gained 2 pounds over the course of birthday season this time around, but I’m NOT going to let that stop my forward momentum.  I’ve come too far to turn back now.  I’d just be beating myself up 6 months down the road saying, “well if you hadn’t gained back those (x number of) pounds, then we wouldn’t be in this mess.”  I refuse to let the cycle continue. 

Yeah, so I gained 2 pounds.  Not good, but NOT THE END!!!

I am still on track with exercising.  I think I am about to start a training regimen for a half marathon.  I don’t have a specific race in mind, but I have found that I work best when working toward a goal.

Random…I’m laughing as I type this.  It’s 8:30 on the Hubs’s birthday, and he is snoring like a BANCHEE on the couch.   Hahahaha!!!  When did we get so old????

No comments:

Post a Comment