Sunday, January 29, 2012

The First 5K…

Good news…I survived!!!!  It was really a lot of fun thanks to my girls that ran with me.  It was really quite surreal we were almost halfway through the race before it hit me that I was actually running a race.

Here’s a pic of us before the race.  They all had duct tape on them that said Team Emily.  Now that’s love!!!

IMG_5932

The race went well, I ran the first mile, walked the second, and ran the third.  On of my sweet friends even carried my inhaler in her pocket.  Wouldn’t you know that my sinus infection would move into my lungs the night before the race…good times!!

Here we come…

EmBrandi5k2_edited-1

Sweet B ran the whole way with me…I’m sure she was ready to take off and leave me in the dust, but a buddy was nice for the first run.  Smile

EmBrandi5k_edited-1

KT came and gave me that “final push” I needed for the finish line…

KatieEmBrandi5k_edited-1

It was a really great experience, and we are already picking out which race we want to do next!

2 comments:

  1. Such fun! Laughing at myself "pushing" y'all. I hope I wasn't too big of a distraction! Let's do it again. You did great!!!

    ReplyDelete