Friday, January 27, 2012

First 5K Eve…

I just wanted to get some thoughts down tonight as I anticipate tomorrow’s race.  I’m not “nervous” per say.  I’m not worried about how much I will run, how much I will walk, how fast I will finish, etc.

I’m just ready for the first race to come and go.

I’m looking forward to it.  All of the clothes are laid out for the morning.  My number is ready to be pinned on my shirt.  Fresh socks are on top of my running shoes.  It’s more of an anticipated excitement that I’m experiencing.

I may have to walk more than I originally planned because of some cramping I’ve had in my right calf.  It’s really quite strange.  It happens about a mile in to my run, and I would say it’s a strip of my calf about an inch wide on the outside of my leg from my knee to my ankle.  It doesn’t hurt so bad that I can’t run through it, but it causes my ankle to roll to the outside.  I start walking when it happens because I don’t want it to make me fall and further roll my ankle.  It’s frustrating, but OK.  I would much rather avoid an injury and be able to continue running after the race than push it and become unable to continue running.

Well, it’s off for a good night’s sleep for tomorrow is race day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment